How to Succeed in a Global Business Environment
by Helen Baxter-Southworth
When you're managing a diverse team distributed across many time zones, you need a unique set of knowledge, skills, and abilities. You have to be able to influence the attitudes and behavior of others even when you don't have formal authority or dedicated resources.
Influence Across Boundaries offers pragmatic tools leaders can use to deliver results and mobilize commitment across multiple boundaries--geography, regions, lines of business, functions, cultures, languages. It identifies best practices based on current research and illustrates them with real-life stories and lessons learned on the job by global managers.
You'll discover how to
- Favorably position your idea in your organization
- Work effectively with people of other cultures
- Win others over when you have no command-and-control authority
- Get your team to focus on agreements, not disagreements
- Build relationships with people who can help you
You'll also find the shared vocabulary you need to address these complexities with your team.
"This practical guidebook helps us understand the dynamics of international organizations...self-assessments will help you determine the best strategies for you."
--Anne Litwin, PhD, international organizational researcher, consultant, and author