A Self-Teaching Guide
by Dinah L. Moche
Discover the wonders of the night sky with this bestselling Astronomy Guide
For a generation, Astronomy: A Self-Teaching Guide has introduced hundreds of thousands of readers worldwide to the night sky. Now this classic beginner’s guide
has been completely revised to bring it up to date with the latest discoveries.
Updated with the latest, most accurate information and many new graphics and photos, this Eighth Edition features:
• Website addresses throughout for the best color images and astronomy
• Technical ideas made simple without mathematics
• Beautiful full-color, glossy insert with spectacular images
• An interactive format with learning goals, reviews, self-tests, and answers for fast learning
• Five beginners’ Star and Moon maps for fun stargazing
Dinah L. Moché, Ph.D., is Professor of Physics and Astronomy at the City
University of New York. An award-winning author and lecturer, her books have sold more than ten million copies in seven languages.